Can't get to Toronto City Hall but would like to take part in the RobFordMustGo sit-in?
Create your own RobFordMustGo Flash Sit-in! You can do it anywhere in Toronto - or Ontario - or across Canada - or anywhere in the world!
It's really easy!
- Make a "RobFordMustGo.com" sign - we started the sit in with one scribbled on an ordinary piece of letter size paper
- Find a public spot somewhere - in a civic centre, maybe a mall, a community centre, or when the weather gets warmer, somewhere outside!
- Plunk your sign and yourself down and sit!
- If people stop to talk, be warm, kind, friendly, and invite them to sit with you!
- Sit and talk for however long you can or want - 15 minutes, 30, an hour, a couple of hours - a flash sit-in can be whatever length you want and can take place anywhere!
- Tweet out a photo of your flash sit-in using the #RFMG hashtag - we'll retweet it on the main @robfordmustgo twitter account!
And that's it!
You can talk about anything you like - doesn't have to be Rob Ford! But of course you can totally talk about Rob Ford.
If any Ford supporters come by and want to argue, that's cool; we've found that being kind, respectful, and really listening to what they're saying has led to a lot of rewarding interactions. Most Ford supporters have many basic facts wrong because Rob and Doug Ford lie constantly and without shame. If you get a chance to speak with a Ford supporter, you can gently point out areas where they've been duped by the Fords. Please do your utmost to keep it calm and peaceful - RobFordMustGo sit-in is about understanding and connection and empathy. It's about not-fighting.
All the love to you and your flash-sitting!